2.0

Update by user Aug 20, 2016

Just an update to this terrible situation.The third time that I ever used the tow strap that I purchased in this incident, it busted.

It seems like the terrible customer service was an indication of the terrible product quality.

Do Not Buy ANYTHING From This Junk Store!I added a picture of the junk tow strap, which incidentally, busted pulling a S-10 Blazer, not the almost 6,000 lb load it says it will pull to, or anywhere near the 17,000 lb break strength it pretends to have.

Original review posted by user Jan 01, 2016

The day after Christmas I shopping at the Cadillac, Michigan Tractor Supply Company location with my 4 year old son.I was to be spending what I believe is a decent amount of money, just less than $200.

When I walked in nobody asked if I needed help, which is okay, I like to browse, and only had one purchase that I knew I wanted. As I was browsing I pulled a tow strap from the rack and looked it over. I could not tell what kind of hardware was included so I opened the pack it was in. Just then an employee came behind me, almost surprising me, and told me if I wanted them not in the package they had them at the end of the aisle.

Just as the gentleman said that, in a sort of condescending way, he abruptly walked off. This being our only interaction with an employee in the store other than the cashier. I walked to the place he was referring to and there were ratchet straps, not even close to what I was looking at. Then I realized that the guy had approached me like that and confronted me in that way as to infer I was trying to steal something out of the package.

I was more than irritated and almost embarrassed to be shopping with my son and basically called a thief because I was checking out a product I planned to buy. If the winch I bought works as well as the employees customer service skills at Tractor Supply Company, I will be taking that back soon.

Now I know why I never shopped there before.Should have kept it that way.

mrallen2 wrote the review because of poor customer service at Tractor Supply and attached a photo. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $185 and wants Tractor Supply to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was being implied a thief, holiday spirit and customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Tractor Supply and tractor supply customer care for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Tractor Supply?

Comments

Greenville, Ohio, United States #1265770

Do you go into the food store and open a gallon of milk and try it to make sure it suits your needs.

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1086972

No, the employee wasn't suspicious of you being a thief.He saw you open a sealed package and they really don't like shoppers doing that.

However, I do it all the time. Like you, if I need to verify the contents for whatever reason, then either make a package easy to open or expect people to look inside if need be---I don't need to buy a pig in a poke. I want to SEE what I am buying. Don't blame me, blame the fools who designed the packaging.

When you open a package the store has to re-seal it and most people won't buy an obviously re-sealed package unless they either re-open it or it is marked way down in price. You would think stores would demand better packaging, but the mark-up on general merchandise is so high they can afford to absorb the loss from opened merchandise.

I used to like TSC buy found I could buy most everything I needed more cheaply elsewhere.I remember skiing at Caberfae many decades ago.

mrallen2
to bobs2015 #1086978

It wasn't a "sealed" package that would need to be repackaged, it was in a zipper bag thing.All I was doing was opened the zipper far enough to see the ends of the strap.

It had nothing to do with opening a sealed package. If I didn't buy it (which I did) I could have put the thing back on the shelf, zipper zipped, and nobody would ever know it was ever opened. A million people could have opened it before me, I wouldn't have a clue. And I wouldn't care.

I appreciate your trying to defend the actions.

But that is just not the case.It was simply a case of a bad employee with no real customer service training.